Treating Insomnia Without Medications
1. Maintain a regular bedtime schedule.
2. Avoid excessive time in bed – unrelated to sleep.
3. Avoid naps.
4. Use bed only for sleep and sexual relations.
5. Do not watch the clock.
6. Do something relaxing before bedtime.
7. Make bedtime as quiet as possible.
8. Avoid the consumption of alcohol and/or caffeine within 12 hours of bedtime.
9. Exercise moderately regularly, not within 4 hours of bedtime.
10. Avoid going to bed hungry.
11. Learn strategies to make bedtime as relaxing and tension free as possible.
12. A hot bath one hour before bedtime has been proven to be helpful.